NJLA CUS/ACRL-NJ Technology Innovation Award
The Technology Innovation Award honors a librarian or group of librarians for innovative use and application of technology in a New Jersey academic library. The award may be given either in recognition of a specific project, or for an ongoing delivery of innovative technology applications. The purpose of the award is to recognize distinguished leadership in developing new technologies for academic libraries.
Please consider nominating your librarians or staff for their work in increasing value to your library through technology projects. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Use the online submission form to upload your statement and all supporting materials: http://fs19.formsite.com/njla/form16/index.html
Please follow these guidelines in completing your nomination:
- Write a letter of nomination including, in no more than two paragraphs, why the candidate is being nominated for the award.
- If this nomination is for a specific project, please supply a description (objectives, activities, and impacts), in no more than two pages.
- The remaining substance of the nomination letter should address in what specific ways the nominee has achieved the following:
- Benefits of innovation/use of technology to library users
- Benefits of innovation/use of technology to the information community
- Impact of innovation/use of technology on librarians and library operations
- Impact of innovation/use of technology on perception of the library/librarians in the academic setting.
Be sure to include, in your nomination, the complete contact information for your nominee: name, title, institution, address, telephone and e-mail. Also, please include names and contact information for members of a project team. Nominees will be asked to give a brief presentation about their project as part of the selection process.
Selected nominees and the winner of the Award will be invited to present at the Technology Innovation Forum at the 2018 NJLA Annual Conference on Friday, June 1st from 2:30pm-3:20pm. More information can be found at http://www.njlaconference.info.
Questions about submissions can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Past winners of the Technology Innovation Award can be seen here: http://cus.njla.org/content/q-what-library-technology-projects-have-been-nominated-previous-years
DEADLINE: Monday, March 19, 2018